Lecturer or Senior Lecturer in Dermatology ACAD105346
- Job Number: ACAD105346
- Contract Type/Work Pattern: Open ended / Full time
- Closing date: Monday 26 July 2021
- Faculty/Division: Faculty of Health Sciences
- Salary: Grade J £38,017 - £42,792 / Grade K £44,045 - £49,553 / Grade L £52,560 - £59,135 / Plus veterinary and ‘on-clinic’ allowances
Do you want to be part of educating the next generation of vets and vet nurses? Are you ready to join a busy and expanding team within a world class university veterinary school?
The University of Bristol’s Veterinary School is seeking to recruit an experienced veterinary surgeon with a passion for teaching and a particular interest in dermatology. The appointee will be paid veterinary and ‘on-clinics’ allowances on top of their base salary.
The University is committed to creating and sustaining a fully inclusive culture. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities.
What will you be doing?
This post is primarily a teaching role, delivering and leading the practical and didactic clinical teaching of undergraduate veterinary and veterinary nursing students. You will also participate in the delivery of a high-quality clinical service in Langford Vets’, with a focus on supervising students.
You should apply if
- We are looking for someone with energy, creativity, and commitment, to help our students develop the dermatological skills that they need to flourish in the workplace
- Experience of, and enthusiasm for, teaching is essential, in practice and/or academic settings
- You must hold a Veterinary Degree recognised by the RCVS that allows you to practise veterinary medicine in the UK
- A certificate-level qualification in Dermatology is desirable
- Contract type: Open ended
- Work pattern: Full time / 1FTE
- Grade: J / K / L
- Salary: Grade J £38,017 - £42,792 / Grade K £44,045 - £49,553 / Grade L £52,560 - £59,135 (plus veterinary and ‘on-clinics’ allowances)
- School/Unit: Bristol Veterinary School
- Shift pattern: 35 hours per week / 100% time
- This advert will close at 23:59 GMT on Monday 26 July 2021.
For informal enquiries or additional information please contact Sheena Warman: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome applications from all members of our community and are particularly encouraging those from diverse groups, such as members of the LGBT+ and BAME communities, to join us.
Please feel free to contact the ECVD via contactform on the website. If you are a pet owner and have questions or seek professional advice regarding your pet, contact a local veterinary.