The objectives of the College shall be to advance veterinary dermatology in Europe and increase the competence of those who practice in this field by:
- establishing guidelines for post-graduate education and experience prerequisite to becoming a specialist in the speciality of veterinary dermatology;
- examining and certifying veterinarians as specialists in veterinary dermatology to serve the public by providing expert care for animals with dermatological disease;
- encouraging research and other contributions to knowledge relating to the pathogenesis, diagnosis, therapy, prevention, and the control of diseases directly or indirectly affecting the skin of animals,and promoting communication and dissemination of this knowledge;
- the College is a non profit-making organisation and does not pursue commercial interests;
- financial means of the College may only be spent according to the constitution; Members or Officers of the College receive no payment from the funds of the College, except reimbursements;
- Nobody may be favoured by expenditures or excessively high compensations which are not according to the purposes of the College.