Join our growing global team of veterinary specialists and contribute daily to better animal health.
IDEXX Laboratories is seeking a veterinary dermatologist to join our rapidly expanding specialist consulting service in the UK . We are seeking an enthusiastic service oriented colleague to provide high quality, practical advice regarding diagnosis and management of skin disease in animals, including advice regarding allergy testing and allergen specific immunotherapy.
For interested and qualified candidates, the role could be expanded to a part or full time employee position. Responsibilities would be expanded to include:
- Oversight of the Serum Allergy Testing and Immunotherapy programs.
- Work with the heads of department of the professional service teams and operations and commercial managers to enhance our diagnostic test offering in the field of dermatology.
- Work with the heads of department of the professional service teams and operations and commercial managers to and develop and promote our dermatology expertise. This may include:
- Development and presentation of CPD seminars, webinars, luncheon presentations to clients or IDEXX staff.
- Preparing newsletter articles to be included in Reference Laboratory newsletters; researching, writing or reviewing laboratory diagnostic or service updates on new products or services or on other dermatology topics that may be of interest to IDEXX clients; preparation of other marketing, sales or promotional material.
- Working with the pathology and microbiology teams to enhance the quality and content of IDEXX dermatology related reports
- Participating in practice visits with the commercial team and other client facing activities dependent on workload and staffing availability.
- Interacting with other dermatologists and scientists in practice/academia/industry to encourage collaborative research.
- Participating in IDEXX committees or meetings to ensure quality of laboratory offerings and consulting services.
- Alert the commercial team regarding potential opportunities for IDEXX in dermatology.
All applicants should have a veterinary degree and be registered to practice in the UK with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS). Board Certification by the European College of Veterinary Dermatology or American College of Veterinary Dermatology is preferred, although candidates with other advanced qualifications and/relevant experience are also encouraged to apply. Experience in clinical dermatology at a veterinary practice or academic institution is essential.
What We Offer
When you join IDEXX, you will find yourself in a challenging but exciting environment where you are given the opportunity to be yourself, innovate, and grow. We have so much to offer
From day one, you will get full autonomy in your work and ample support when you need it.
You will join a successful team who is proud of the work they do and motivated by their unified purpose of helping others.
You will work with people who are inspiring, open, and the best in their operating space.
We believe in you – with a team of over 8,000 all over the globe, there are lots of opportunities for learning, personal growth, and career expansion.
You’ll be part of a double-digit growth company in a quickly growing market and we are leading the way forward with innovative products, services, and a strong focus on our customers.
We’re proud of the work we do, because our work matters. Every role at IDEXX contributes to enhancing the health and wellbeing of pets, people, and livestock. With over 8,000 global team members, customers in over 175 countries, and a fast-growing industry - we’re always looking for motivated and inspiring people to join us.
A significant portion of our growth is happening all across Europe and with growth comes opportunity! We offer competitive compensation, incentives, and benefits. Our company culture is built on our unified commitment to our mission and our offices are rich with a diversity of languages, cultures, and ways of working.
Please feel free to contact the ECVD via contactform on the website. If you are a pet owner and have questions or seek professional advice regarding your pet, contact a local veterinary.