Cookies Policy at www.ecvd.org
Cookies are files, often including unique identifiers, that are sent by web servers to web browsers, and which may then be sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies can be used by web servers to identity and track users as they navigate different pages on a website, and to identify users returning to a website.
Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies on this website
We use session cookies and persistent cookies on this website.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
- [to recognise your computer when you visit our website;]
- [to track you as you navigate our website, and to enable the use of the event calender and Dermatologist search function (Map/route function) and website search function and to collect statistic with Google Analytics on our website;]
- [to improve the website's usability;]
- [to analyse the use of our website;]
- [in the administration of this website;]
Cookies and how they benefit You
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website functions work as you'd expect
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
Our own cookies
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Remembering your search / filter settings
- Remembering if you have accepted our terms and conditions
- Remembering if you sent us a form
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Third party cookies.
www.ecvd.org use third party functions with Cookies.
- Youtube video
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here). Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our's and a large proportion of the world's websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example: 1) in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector; (2) in Firefox you can block all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options", and un-checking "Accept cookies from sites" in the "Privacy" box.
Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. [If you block cookies, you will not be able to use the [identify feature(s)] on this website.
You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer: 1) in Internet Explorer, you must manually delete cookie files; (2) in Firefox, you can delete cookies by, first ensuring that cookies are to be deleted when you "clear private data" (this setting can be changed by clicking "Tools", "Options" and "Settings" in the "Private Data" box) and then clicking "Clear data" in the "Tools" menu.
Obviously, doing this may have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.